SuperChef is now enjoying success as a father, husband, chef, entrepreneur, and mentor, but never forgets where he came from. He keeps God in everything that he does and gives motivational speeches to young people in his spare time. He often brings kids from the West End of Louisville into the restaurant and gives them a tour because he understands the importance of exposing others to success. He has also provides jobs for those less fortunate who need an opportunity and a positive influence in their lives; the average age of Darnell’s team is under 25 years old!
“I want to make an impact on the world,” Darnell exclaims. “I want this to be the most inspirational restaurant – and I want to inspire others by my story, and by consistent acts. People come into my restaurants, and I’ve got to give back to them.”
Blessings in a Backpack – https://www.blessingsinabackpack.org/
- Blessings in a Backpack mobilizes communities, individuals, and resources to provide food on the weekends for elementary school children across America who might otherwise go hungry.
- Every school-aged child in America has the nourishment needed to learn and grow. As a leader in the movement to end childhood hunger, Blessings in a Backpack strives to ensure children do not go hungry on the weekends by empowering individuals and communities to take action.
Children Shouldn’t Hunger – https://www.childrenshouldnthunger.com/
- Children Shouldn’t Hunger believes that neither people nor food should ever go to waste. In fact, we are of the staunch belief that many in less than stellar situations only need opportunity, patience, and mentor-ship before they thrive.
- We aim to fulfill those needs through communal gardening, mentor-ship, and the hospitality industry.
- By offering apprenticeship programs, teaching and developing skills, instilling confidence, and reclaiming healthy and local food; we will begin training our cities youth, men, and women who are searching for an opportunity to better themselves. We will also fight youth hunger within our city with job placement and partnership programs, while looking to address the problems of why so many here yearn to eat.